Wednesday 29 April 2009

Some online procrasination techniques: HIPSTERS

As I sit here and promote Miley Cyrus and Hannah Montanna (I only realised it was the same girl with the latter donning a blonde wig to get into character) 
* Miley Cyrus Latest interview here


I find myself drifting in and out of physical consciousness/cyber reality. After my cigarette & diet coke break, I find myself trying to keep awake via other online means (to appear as if I am working hard at my desk)



This is rapidly becoming my favourite: A website of Hipster photo upload, with witty captions: 
In case you werent cued in to what a Hipster is:

The modern Bohemians. A mid-twenties person who works at a low paying job, is interested in "Artsy things" Hipsters tend to swarm around the determined "Hipster" part of town, ex. Wicker Park in Chicago. Hipster Ladies should have short hair and wear thrift shop clothes and Male Hipsters should be anemically skinny to let people know that they are poor and cant afford enough food.

www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=hipster

From what I've gathered, Hipsters belong to a present-day American Sub culture of youths who possess inherited wealth but do not want to follow their parents' way of life: hard working, income-driven socialites. They therefore resort to dressing ironically, wasting their lives away with some kind of passion (in art, music or poetry) partying and drugs. They are the polar opposites of Yuppies (Young Professionals).

Here are a couple of m favourites to date


   s.

No, my son...
I am not Jesus
Jesus never did heroine....




"It’s actually really hard to be a pimp when all your bitches have trust funds."

If you STILL can't get a clear picture of this sub-culture, check this video out.



XOXO







No comments:

Post a Comment